Sunday, January 12, 2014

2014 Golden Globe Predictions

I've made a strange habit of posting an entry for the last two years where I predict the Golden Globe winners in the film categories, and I might as well continue. Below you'll find my predictions for the show, along with who I feel deserves the award alongside who I think the eventual winner will be. The Globes air this Sunday the 12th, and I'll update with how I did after the awards. I'll also be liveblogging by thoughts during the show itself over on Facebook, so make sure you're over there during the show to participate.

Best Picture Drama: Will Win: 12 Years a Slave/ Should Win: Gravity

Best Picture Musical/Comedy: Will Win: American Hustle/ Should Win: Her

Best Actor Drama: Will Win: Chiwetel Ejiofor/ Should Win: Chiwetel Ejiofor

Best Actress Drama: Will Win: Cate Blanchett/ Should Win: Judi Dench

Best Actor Musical/Comedy: Will Win: Bruce Dern/ Should Win: Oscar Isaac

Best Actress Musical/Comedy: Will Win: Meryl Streep/ Should Win: Amy Adams

Best Supporting Actor: Will Win: Jared Leto/ Should Win: Barkhad Abdi

Best Supporting Actress: Will Win: Lupita Nyong'o/ Should Win: Lupita Nyong'o

Best Director: Will Win: Steve McQueen/ Should Win: Alfonso Cuaron

Best Screenplay: Will Win: Her/ Should Win: Her

Best Animated Film: Will Win: Frozen/ Should Win: Frozen

Best Foreign Language Film: Will Win: Blue is the Warmest Color/ Should Win: N/A

Best Original Score: Will Win: 12 Years a Slave/ Should Win: Gravity

Best Original Song: Will Win: Let it Go/ Should Win: Let it Go

Update: To recap, I went 6 for 14, my worst score yet. That wily HFPA definitely threw some curveballs my way this year, and I just don't know what to expect at The Oscars. Nominations come out on Thursday, so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment